Find My Purpose - Head First
Good Day To You!
Thanks again for stopping by my blog where Purpose is the buzz word and direction, the oxygen!
We started this conversation in our last post, about what Purpose is and the desperate need for us to understand the implications of this matter in our daily lives.
I also alluded to us exploring the two schools of thought mentioned there as well.
Just before we tackle one of them, let me quickly discuss the matter of going in or out, "Head First". There has been much talk about using ones head instead of heart to make certain, if not all, decisions in life.
While I do agree with the fact that the head houses the mental capacity (brain) to make such decisions, many times, even us men, use our hearts (or emotions) more often than we would like to admit. Perhaps we can talk more about that in my 'Relationship Talk with Gabriel' that will soon make its way onto the net.
Any situation that you go into, you dive in, Head First. This may seem like a cliche statement to which one can say, "Well Obviously", but doesn't it mean that you are where you are in life, for the very same reason? The contents of your knowledge and capacity and skill to use it (Wisdom) has resulted in the place where you are now.
Granted, not all situations, particularly where you were born and the circumstances you found yourself in as you started your life, is your doing. However, if you remain in this type of life, that is indeed your fault. If you want to sort your life out, make it better, relationships, finances, happiness, sex life, family bonds or feuds, educational advances, business growth etc; you will have to do this - Head First!
You HAVE TO START with your everyday thoughts and habits. Let me ask you this, 'If I give you $150 000 today, what are you going to do with it?
Write those things down and once completed, look at them and check how many have a greater future value. What do I mean?
Check which of them will help multiply that money to become more for the sake of your future. I want you to think about it like this.
If I was to say to you that this $150 grand is all that you will ever get in your life, how will you make sure that it goes a long enough way, to sustain your future? You've got to think differently, if you are going to live differently. Wherever you are right now, from your home situation to your work life, or business life, it's because of the way that you think.
Sometimes, to escape from the way our lives are going right now, we need to put on a parachute and simply jump! It's not easy to change ones thought patterns without a giant leap out of it for your own sake.
So in the name of expounding on those schools of thought from the previous post to looking further into this 'Head First' matter of escape, I will let you into the lives of a few friends of mine who had challenges in figuring out their purpose in life and having to deal with their own mindsets and self-limiting beliefs. Hopefully you will be able to relate to them in some way and see that there is a way out!
In the next post, I introduce you to Jabu.
Stick Around, Subscribe, Contribute and Share.... Let's Do This Together!
Your Purposefully,
Gabriel Mothobi
I also alluded to us exploring the two schools of thought mentioned there as well.
![]() |
While I do agree with the fact that the head houses the mental capacity (brain) to make such decisions, many times, even us men, use our hearts (or emotions) more often than we would like to admit. Perhaps we can talk more about that in my 'Relationship Talk with Gabriel' that will soon make its way onto the net.
Granted, not all situations, particularly where you were born and the circumstances you found yourself in as you started your life, is your doing. However, if you remain in this type of life, that is indeed your fault. If you want to sort your life out, make it better, relationships, finances, happiness, sex life, family bonds or feuds, educational advances, business growth etc; you will have to do this - Head First!
You HAVE TO START with your everyday thoughts and habits. Let me ask you this, 'If I give you $150 000 today, what are you going to do with it?
Write those things down and once completed, look at them and check how many have a greater future value. What do I mean?
Check which of them will help multiply that money to become more for the sake of your future. I want you to think about it like this.
If I was to say to you that this $150 grand is all that you will ever get in your life, how will you make sure that it goes a long enough way, to sustain your future? You've got to think differently, if you are going to live differently. Wherever you are right now, from your home situation to your work life, or business life, it's because of the way that you think.
Sometimes, to escape from the way our lives are going right now, we need to put on a parachute and simply jump! It's not easy to change ones thought patterns without a giant leap out of it for your own sake.So in the name of expounding on those schools of thought from the previous post to looking further into this 'Head First' matter of escape, I will let you into the lives of a few friends of mine who had challenges in figuring out their purpose in life and having to deal with their own mindsets and self-limiting beliefs. Hopefully you will be able to relate to them in some way and see that there is a way out!
In the next post, I introduce you to Jabu.
Stick Around, Subscribe, Contribute and Share.... Let's Do This Together!
Your Purposefully,
Gabriel Mothobi

Comments
Post a Comment